Entry Title: Plot Structure for "The Cask of Amontillado"
t is early evening in an Italian city during a carnival immediately preceding Lent.
Conflict: Montressor must overcome the shame of insults put upon him by Fortunato.
Rising Action: (TBA)
Turning Point: When Montressor sets the final brick in the tomb he made for Fortunato.
Falling Action: (TBA)
Resolution: Montressor murders Fortunato by burying him alive.
Lesson Learned: Montressor learns that seeking revenge when someone insults you can be satisfying.
Theme: Insults and pride may lead to your ultimate demise.
- Do Now - Plot Points for "The Cask of Amontillado"
- EQ: Can you write a description of a place or beverage of your choosing?
- Mini-Lesson: Model a description of a location or a beverage.
- Practice: Students will view two videos. One which depicts the catacombs of Italy and one that depicts a critique of a soft drink.
- Assessment: Write a description of a place or of a beverage of your choice.
- HW - Finish your description for tomorrow. Use the TREES strategy for paragraph development! This will be a homework grade worth 25 points due Monday.
Model of a Description of a Place
To me, there is no more beautiful place in the world than Genesee Valley Park in Rochester, NY. I find this park to be not only beautiful, but serene. In the Spring, I enjoy running through the park in the morning. The fresh air blowing through the waters of the Erie canal fill my spirit with joy and remind me about what's important in my life. As I run through this place, my mind becomes clear and sometimes I even come up with answers to the problems I am facing. This park is more than just a beautiful place, it is more like a church, but outdoors. I hope I will always be able to enjoy the peace it brings to me for years to come.
Model of a Description of a Beverage
VIDEOS for this Lesson
Arizona Fruit Punch Review