Entry Title: Human Vocabulary
A learning strategy that uses body language, acting and expression to help students remember the meaning of vocabulary words.
- Do Now - Human Vocabulary
- Hand in All Late Work Today! Nothing will be accepted after this period!
- EQ: How can acting out vocabulary words improve your recall of the word definitions?
- Mini-Lesson: explain how to play Human Vocabulary?
- Practice: Students will work in pairs to present two vocabulary words to the class.
- Assessment: Class participation grade based on vocabulary presentations.
- HW - Use fifteen vocabulary words in a sentence which clarifies the meaning of the word in context.
Need a copy of the vocabulary words? Click here!
How to Play Human Vocabulary
- Pair up with a classmate (only two people per group)!
- Your teacher will assign your group two words from the vocabulary list.
- Use body language, acting or mime to represent your vocabulary words.
- Present your two words to the class for a participation grade.
How You Will Be Graded
A - You presented your word. It was clear from the presentation which word was being performed.
B- Your partner presented your word. It was clear from the presentation which word was being performed.
C - You presented your word. It wasn't clear from the presentation which word you were performing.
D - Your partner presented your word. It wasn't clear from the presentation which word was being performing.
F - You chose not to perform your word. Your partner did not perform your word.