Entry Title: What is a Sonnet?
Sonnet - Italian word meaning "little song" - a poem made up of 14 lines of iambic pentameter verse with one central theme arranged in quatrains and ending with a rhyming couplet.
- Do Now - Copy definition of a sonnet.
- EQ: Do you know the proper format of a sonnet?
- Announcement: Present your Found Poem presentations postphoned until Monday and Tuesday of next week!
- Mini-lesson: Video on the sonnet format.
- Guided Practice: The How to Write a Sonnet Worksheet
- Demonstration: A Whole-class Sonnet
- Assessment: Completion of The Structure and Meaning of a Sonnet Worksheet
- Homework: The Structure and Meaning of a Sonnet Homework Hand-out.
- Quiz tomorrow on The Structure of a Sonnet!