1. Composition notebook2. Your copy of the play
Entry Title: Vocabulary for Act II, Scene II (Pages 69-73)
- Thy = Your
- ‘Tis = It is; to this
- Wherefore = why
- Diana – goddess of the moon
- Vestal livery = clothing worn by a virgin
- Green sickness – an illness thought to afflict girls during puberty.
- Do Now - Vocabulary
- Reminder: Follow directions quickly!
- Grades and missing work!
- Today's Question: What are some literary elements does Shakespeare use to characterize Juliet in the balcony scene?
- Class Disscusion: What is eavesdropping?
- Mini-lesson - Review of literary elements (Metaphor, simile, personification).
- Guided Practice - Dramatic Reading of Act II, Scene 2.
- Assessment - Textual analysis worksheet.
- HW - none