1. Composition notebook2. Your copy of the play
Entry Title: Vocabulary for Act II, Scene II (Pages 69-73)
- Monologue/Soliloquy - a part of a play in which a single actor speaks alone.
- Dialogue - the conversation between characters in a novel, drama, etc.
- Do Now - Vocabulary
- Surprise Quiz on The Balcony Scene
- Reminder: Make smart Choices!
- Quote - “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” ― Dr. Seuss
- Today's Question: How do you select a scene to perform for the class?
- Mini-lesson - a) Model performance of the prologue. b) Introduce Dramatic Presentation Project. c) Scene Rehearsal Process d) Think Aloud - How to select the best scene for you/your group.
- Guided Practice - Small groups will work together to determine best scene to perform.
- Assessment - Scene Selection Sheet due end of period.
- HW - Begin memorizing your lines for your Dramatic Presentation.