Entry Title: Edgar Allen Poe
- OCCUPATION: Writer
- BIRTH DATE: January 19, 1809
- DEATH DATE: October 07, 1849
- EDUCATION: University of Virginia, U.S. Military Academy at West Point
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Boston, Massachusetts
- PLACE OF DEATH: Baltimore, Maryland
Best Known ForAmerican short-story writer, poet, critic, and editor Edgar Allan Poe is famous for his tales and poems of horror and mystery such as The Raven.
- Do Now - Edgar Allen Poe
- HW Check - The Scarlet Ibis Review Packet
- Missing Work - No make-ups allowed without legal absence.
- EQ: Why might Edgar Allen Poe's death be considered ironic?
- Mini-Lesson: Teacher Directed Reading
- Practice: Active reading of selected articles on Poe.
- Assessment: 10 Thoughts due by end of period.
- HW - "The Scarlet Ibis" review packet due tomorrow.