Entry Title: Plot Structure for "The Scarlet Ibis"
Protagonist: Brother Antagonist: Doodle
Setting: Time: 1912-1918 Place: North Carolina
Conflict: Brother must overcome his shame of having an invalid for a brother.
Turning Point: Brother shows the family how Doodle can walk.
Resolution: Brother discovers Doodle has died as a result of his neglect.
Lesson Protagonist Learned: Brother learns that Doodle's death was not a result of his neglect.
Theme: Adults must be careful not to allow children be healthcare givers to other children.
- Do Now - Plot Structure for "The Scarlet Ibis"
- HW Check - Plot Structure Diagram for "The Scarlet Ibis"
- Correct your HW
- EQ: Can you recall the events of the short story, "The Scarlet Ibis" by James Hurst?
- Mini-lesson: Introduce directions for review packet.
- Guided Practice: Working in pairs or independently, students will comeplete the review packet which is due Monday.
- HW - Finish the review packet.
Need a copy of the story? Click here!