Entry Title: Sequencing Events
Re-number the following events in the correct order as they happened in the story so far (just write the number).
- Fortunato demands to taste the Amontillado.
- Montressor tells Fortunato that he thinks he bought a barrel of Amontillado but isn't sure.
- Montressor explains that Fortunato is a wine connoisseur.
- Montressor meets Fortunato at the carnival.
- Montressor explains why he wants revenge on Fortunato.
- Montressor takes Fortunato down into his family's catacombs to find the Amontillado.
- Do Now - Sequencing Events
- EQ: Can you identify the how Poe uses irony in the short story, "The Cask of Amontillado"?
- Mini-lesson: Finish reading the story.
- Guided practice: Active Listening
- Assessment: 10 thoughts due by end of period for a classwork grade.
- HW - Complete a Plot Structure Diagram for the story.