and Romeo and Juliet!
DO NOW - COPY!
Entry Title: Romeo the Pilgrim
Pilgrim - A person who journeys a long distance to some sacred place as an act of religious devotion.
Example: Someone who goes on a trip to Bethlehem to see the place where Jesus was born.
Casting for Today's Dramatic Reading
Act I, Scene 5 Pages 53-61
- Do Now - Study Act I Vocabulary Words
- Announcements: Being on time to class means in your seat working quietly when the bells rings!
- Assignement! Queen Mab mini-project
- Today's Question: How does Shakespeare use the idea of a pilgrim as an extended metaphor to beautify the meeting of Romeo and Juliet?
- Mini-Lesson: 1) Video on extended metaphor. 2) Dramatic reading for a grade!
- Try It: Identify examples in CB of extended metaphor when Romeo and Juliet meet.
- Get It: Half sheet with heading... answer the essential question today as your ticket out the door!
- HW: Queen Mab mini-project is due tomorrow!