- Pen or Pencil
- Composition Book
- Romeo and Juliet play.
- Worksheet from back table: Pragmatic Love vs. Romantic Love
- Your rough draft AND final copy of Data on Display Essay
DO NOW - THINK AND RESPOND
Entry Title: In Your Own Words
In your own words explain the difference between pragmatic love and romantic love! Give an example of each.
- Bellwork: In Your Own Words
- Reminder: Did you hand in your rough and final copies of your Data on Display Essay?
- Quote: “Good manners will open doors that the best education cannot.” ― Clarence Thomas, Supreme Court Justice
- Today's Question: Can you identify how characters in the play view pragmatic love versus romantic love?
- Mini-Lesson: Review of Pragmatic Love versus Romantic Love.
- Guided Practice: Complete wroksheet on Pragmatic Love versus Romantic Love.
- Assessment: Complete column #1 of worksheet.
- Homework: None.
Teammates Consult Activity
1. Put pen/pencils into the container of your group table.
2. Choose a character.
3. All members search for an example showing this character displaying romantic or pragmatic love qualities.
4. Stop when teacher calls time.
5. Share your example with your team.
6. Pick the best example.
7. Grab a pen/pencil and write down your team’s response in the correct place on the worksheet.
8. Replace your pen or pencil.
9. Repeat the process for each box on the worksheet.10. Do this for each of the four characters.