- Pen or Pencil and loose leaf paper!
- Composition Book
- Rough draft of Data on Display Essay
DO NOW - THINK AND RESPOND
Entry Title: Write Your Own Essay Question
Pretend you are a teacher who is teaching Romeo and Juliet. You need a a challenging essay question for your exam. Write a challenging essay question that could be used on a final exam on the play, Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare.
- Bellwork: Write Your Own Essay Question
- Reminder: No electronic devices allowed at anytime in class!
- Quote: “Good manners will open doors that the best education cannot.” ― Clarence Thomas, Supreme Court Justice
- HW Check: Completed rough draft of Data on Display Essay
- Today's Question: Can you comnplete the Data on Display Essay by the end of the period?
- Essential Question: How can you use statistics in your writing to prove a point?
- Mini-Lesson: Class discussion about essays and model of how to use statistics in an essay.
- Guided Practice: Peer review essays for use of statistics.
- Assessment: Complete edits by end of period.
- Homework: None
PEER EDITING PROCESS
- Switch essays with a partner.
- Write your name at the bottom of the essay.
- Read the essay without correcting it first.
- Then mark the essay with each letter for TREES.
- Then correct the essay for grammar, punctuation and mechanics.
- Give the person back their essay.
- Show Mr. DeGrandis the corrections made by your peer editor for a classwork grade for today!
- When you receive your peer edited essay, rewrite on loose leaf paper making the corrections suggested by your peer editor.