Parent Connect: https://parentconnect.rcsdk12.org
What You Need for Class Today...
- Composition Book
- The Challenge of the Hero's Journey Graphic Organizer
DO NOW: Think and Respond
Entry Title: Refusal of the Call & Beginning of the Adventure
Identify the Refusal of the Call or The Beginning of the Adventure stages in one of the following films or one of your choice for a raffle ticket:
- Finding Nemo
- The Lion King
- The Matrix
- Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz
- Harry Potter and the The Sorcerer's Stone
- DO NOW: Refusal of the Call & Beginning of the Adventure
- RULE REMINDER: Raise your hand to participate!
- HW CHECK - Mystical Object Story
- QUOTE OF THE WEEK: “If you hang out with chickens, you're going to cluck and if you hang out with eagles, you're going to fly.”
- TODAY'S QUESTION: How is the Hero's Journey Represented in Western cultures from ancient Greece to modern America?
- MINI-LESSON: Review the stages of the Hero's Journey
presented so far.
- PRACTICE: Working in pairs students will identify the last
stages of the Hero's Journey.
- ASSESSMENT: Completed graphic organizer.
- HOMEWORK: If you did not do the HW for today, hand it in tomorrow for partial credit.
SAMPLE MYSTICAL OBJECT STORY
The Legend of the Baton of Beaumont
The Baton of Beaumont is a long, carved, staff several feet in length and three inches thick in diameter. It is said that anyone touching the staff will "become beautiful forever." Originally found in an ancient fishing boat in the Agean Sea, it is rumored to be the same staff used by Moses to part the Red Sea. It is also rumored to have been given to Moses' grandson, Aaron, who was a fisherman. During a fishing trip, a storm sank Aaron's boat. The staff was found in 1972 in the Dead Sea as part of a basin erosion study being done by the University of California's Oceanography Department. The staff was then stolen from the university archives and its location remains a mystery to this day.