Parent Connect: https://parentconnect.rcsdk12.org
What You Need for Class Today...
- Composition Book
- Hero's Journey Packet on Back Table
DO NOW: Think and Write
ENTRY TITLE: My Hero!
Imagine you were cast in a movie as an adventure hero. The director tells you that you can name the character anything you like. Make a list of possible names for your hero...
Examples: Zambo the Mystic, Mister Festerzynski, The Incredible Bulk, Sissy, Colliggio Valentini, Sarah Blahbland...
- DO NOW: None
- Announcement: Last NWEA Assessment happens this Thursday and Friday this week!
- Quote of the Week: “Happiness is not the absence of problems; it's the ability to deal with them.” ― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
- TODAY'S QUESTION: How is the Hero's Journey represented in Western cultures from ancient Greece to modern day America?
- MINI-LESSON: Introduction of The Hero's Journey Story assignemnt.
- PRACTICE: Create your hero!
- ASSESSMENT: Completion of the character map in the story packet.
- HOMEWORK: Character Map due tomorrow.