Parent Connect: https://parentconnect.rcsdk12.org
Enter your email address in the box above to receive an email whenever this blog is updated!
Are You Prepared for Class?
- Ask Mr. DeGrandis for your assigned seat!
- Check the Materials Table for handouts.
- Get your composition notebook.
- Make sure you have a pen or pencil (sharpened).
- Start the DO NOW!
DO NOW Write It
Entry Title: Class Rules
Copy the classroom rules into a new entry in your composition notebook.
- Announcement: Summer Reading Assignment due on or before 9-16-13!
- Essential Question: What is active reading?
- What are we doing today?
Learning about Active Reading, Setting up Class Folders (period 7 only)
- Mini-Lesson: Modeling of Active Reading. Notes on Active Reading and the 7 Types of Thoughts
- Guided Practice: Active Reading Worksheet on the text, Charles by Shirley Jackson.
- Homework: Finish the Active Reading Worksheet on the story Charles, by Shirley Jackson.