Entry Title: Project Planning Milestones
- Timeline - A graphic organizer that includes all the milestones in a project.
- Milestones - major tasks that must be accomplished in order to complete a project on time.
- Project Planning - determining the milestones and timelne necessary to complete a project.
- Do Now - Project Planning Milestones
- EQ: How do you create a timeline of milestones in order to plan a project so it is done on time?
- Mini-lesson: Demonstration of how to create a timeline for Found Poem project.
- Guided practice: Students will work independently to create a timeline for their projects.
- HW - Create a timeline of milestones for your project and bring in all materials you will need tomorrow to start working on your project.
TimeLine for Found Poem Project
Determine the resources you will need in order to complete the project (supplies, time, effort).
Fill out a timeline of tasks/milestones that must be completed for the project.
Highlight all the words, phrases or passages you might like to use for the project.
Story Packet and a Highlighter
Pick the words, phrases or passages you will use in the poem and write them on a piece of paper.
Pencil and Paper
Order your passages, words and phrases into a logical poetic form.
Pencil and Paper
Poem Rough Draft
Write out the found poem.
PC and/or Pen and Paper
Using the project rubric, have a peer make sure your poem fulfills all criteria on the rubric. Make needed changes.
Decorate your mounting (cardboard, poster board etc.)
Glue your final found poem to mounting.
Decorated Mounting and Found Poem Text
Store your project in something that will travel safely to school.
Up to You
Write-up Rough Draft
Write a rough draft of project essay.
PC or Pen and Paper
Peer edit rough draft of project write-up using the project rubric and make necessary changes.
Final Draft of Write up
Final copy of write up completed based on rough draft.
Back up your work on a thumb drive or school drive.
Thumb Drive Optional
Print a final copy of your write up.
· Write up is in a folder and in my book bag, ready to bring to school.
· Found Poem is in a safe package (box, folder, binder etc.) in my book bag.
Write Up Completed!
Hand in your Found Poem and Project Write up to your teacher.
Read or perform your poem for the class for extra credit!