- Composition notebook
- Materials (back table): Questions and Questioning Survey
- Five post-it note votes! (To be handed out by Mr. D.)
Entry Title: Data on Display
A visual display of the opinions and beliefs of all the students in a classroom.
- Do Now - Why ask questions?
- HW Check - Pragmatic vs. Romantic Love Worksheet
- Reminder: If someone in class is not polite to someone, politely correct them!
- Quote - “A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” ― George R.R. Martin
- Today's Question: What are some of your feelings about the questions asked of you in English class?
- Bridge: Why might it be important for every student in a classroom to be able to answer questions about the content being taught in class and participate?
- Mini-lesson - Explain the procedures for the Data on Display Group Activity using the Questions and Questioning Worksheet
- Guided Practice - Data on Display activity.
- Assessment - Write first draft of TREES essay on data analysis. See Directions, part III on Questions and Questioning Worksheet.
- HW - TREES paragraph due Monday typed!