- Composition notebook
- Topic Sentence from Friday (being handed out)
- Questions and Questiong Survey from Friday
Entry Title: Facts and Opinion
Opinion: a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.Fact: numbers (statistics) or a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true.
- Do Now - Facts and Opinions?
- HW Check - Data on Display Essay rough draft.
- Reminder: No electronic devices allowed at anytime in class!
- Quote - “Good manners will open doors that the best education cannot.” ― Clarence Thomas, Supreme Court Justice
- MP4 Grades: Will be displayed at the end of the period.
- Today's Question: How can you use statistics in your writing as examples to support a topic sentence?
- Bridge: Class needs practice explaining examples.
- Mini-lesson - Connecting Examples with Explanations - a PowerPoint Lesson
- Guided Practice - What are some things you learned on Friday about using data?
- Divided Groups - Mr. DeGrandis will pair you up.
- Peer Review - Switch essays. Correct grammar, spelling and punctuation. Double check use of data and explanation of examples.
- Assessment - In order to receive a class particpattion grade today, you must show Mr. DeGrandis the corrections made by your peer reveiwer to your essay.
- HW - None.